Keene's Regular Programs
- Ready for Kindergarten Storytime is held in the Large Meeting Room every Tuesday at 10:00 am. RFK Storytime is designed for children ages 2-5 and their caregivers, and teaches early literacy skills needed for school success. The program lasts for 30 minutes. Listen to a story and take part in learning activities related to the book.
- Family Storytime is held in the Large Meeting Room every Thursday and Friday at 10:00 am. Storytime is also held on Saturday at 11:00 am. The program lasts for 30 minutes. Open to kids of all ages and their caretakers. Listen to stories and make a take home craft.
- Evening Storytime is held in the Children's Area every Thursday night at 7:00 pm. Miss Susan reads stories, gets the children and parents involved and there's a take-home craft to remind you what you heard. Kids are welcome to come in their PJ's and bring a favorite pillow or stuffed animal. The program lasts 30 minutes.
- Baby and Toddler Time is held in the Large Meeting Room every Friday at 11 am. Baby and Toddler Time is designed for babies from age 4 months to toddlers approximately 36 months. The first 30 minutes will be guided, caregiver-child activities and stories followed by 30 minutes of free play with toys and other children.
- Quarterly Drop-in Crafts are held in the Large Meeting Room approximately once per quarter. Check our monthly Children's Activity Calendar for specific dates (usually on a Tuesday from 4-5 pm). Arrive any time during the hour to complete the crafts. The crafts typically take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Get Your Tech On is aimed at getting Tweens (ages 9-13) engaged with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) through experiments with electronic technology and apps. It's a great combination of fun and learning at your library! Get Your Tech On takes place Wednesdays from 4-5 pm.
- Lego Party is held in the Large Meeting Room every Thursday from 4-5 pm. Join us for a LEGO-filled hour of building and creating. Some months we have a theme and some months are free-form building. Please call the Keene Memorial Library Youth Services Department
(402.727.2694 x213) with any questions.