View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
April 27, 2010
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
City Council Chambers
400 East Military, Fremont NE 68025
STUDY SESSION – 6:45 P.M.
Comments by Mayor, Council Members, City Administrator and Staff concerning City Departments, Ordinances and Statutes and other items of City concern. No official action to be taken on any items.
REGULAR MEETING -7:00 P.M.
1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. DETERMINATION AS TO LEGALITY
4. READING OF MINUTES
A. Consider Resolution granting permission to consume alcohol on City property as follows:
1. Gabriela Balderas, Moller Center, July 31, 2010, birthday
2. Peggy Charron, Christensen Field, June 5, 2010, wedding reception
3. Marcia Dolezal, Moller Center, May 1, 2010, birthday party
4. Kelly McNitt, Moller Center, May 28, 2010, graduation party
B. Consider request of Bergan Future Career & Community Leaders of America to paint house numbers on curbs from April 27, 2010 to September 1, 2010 as a fundraiser for trip to nationals
A. Consider Resolution approving Special Designated Permit applications as follows:
1. Fergy’s Total Package, Love Larson Opera House, May 29, 2010, 50th anniversary
2. Fergy’s Total Package, Love Larson Opera House, June 4, 2010, reception
3. Fergy’s Total Package, City Auditorium, June 5, 2010, reception
4. Rise’s Drive-In, Love Larson Opera House, June 11, 2010, fund raiser
5. Whis’s End Zone, Christensen Field Main Arena, June 5, 2010, reception & dance
6. Whis’s End Zone,Whis’s End Zone Lounge, June 12, 2010, fund raiser
B. Consider cement worker application of Gerald Johnson and Johnson Construction
C. Consider manager application of Cort Gracey for Fremont Steak Co. dba Whiskey Creek, 1624 E 23rd Avenue North
D. Consider cement worker application of Cory Whitemore and Custom Ridge Concrete Inc.
9. COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Consider April 1-15, 2010 claims
10. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
A. CITY ADMINISTRATOR
1. Second reading Ordinance updating and amending Chapter 4 of the FMC
2. Consider Resolution directing a study to determine whether portions of the city qualify to be declared as blighted and substandard pursuant to the Nebraska Community Development Law and other matters
1. Consider request of Jantzen Veskerna to erect detached garage that is not architecturally harmonious with the primary residential structure as part of a permitted conditional use with a variance to be larger than the allowable 864 square feet at 2130 East Morningside Road. Article 704 b and 704 c3. AG – Agricultural/Urban Reserve District.
2. Consider request of Upper Plains construction/City of Fremont to have construction batch plant
(concrete) and concrete crushing at the Fremont Municipal Airport as part of a permitted conditional use in part of Sections 9, 15 and 16, Township 17 North, Range 8 East of the 6th P.M., Dodge County, Nebraska. Table 4-2. LI – Limited Industrial District and AG – Agricultural/Urban Reserve District.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/ENGINEERING
1.Consider Resolution approving request to subdivide Lot 1, Shalimar First Addition, Lots 3 and 4,
Shalimar Third Addition, all in Fremont, Dodge County, Nebraska, into two lots. R2 – Moderate Density Residential District (Heartland Musculoskeletal Institute and Shacari, Inc.)
2. Consider Resolution vacating utility easement between Lots 3 and 4, Shalimar Third Addition
(Heartland Musculoskeletal Institute and Shacari, Inc.).
3. Consider Resolution approving request to subdivide Lot 5, Block 3, Cambridge Square Addition to the City of Fremont, Dodge County, Nebraska, into two lots. R2 – Moderate Density Residential District (Borisow Homes, LLC)
4. Consider Resolution approving Replat of Lots 2 thru 7, Block 5, Deerfield Third Addition, Fremont,
Dodge County, Nebraska. R2 – Moderate Density Residential District (Christensen Limited Partnership)
5. Consider Resolution approving Replat of Block 1, South Fremont Subdivision, Dodge County, Nebraska. GI – General Industrial District (Hills Farm, Inc.)
6. Continued consideration of Resolution approving the Final Plat of Morningside North Business Park, part of the SW ¼ of Section 19, Township 17 North, Range 9 East of the 6th P.M., Dodge County, Nebraska. LI – Limited Industrial District
7. Consider Resolution ordering the repair and reconstruction of public sidewalks
8. Consider Resolution to accept and award bids for Airport Runway 32 Approach Safety Area Site
9. Consider Change Order No. 2 for Keene Library Carpet Replacement Project.
10. Consider Change Order No. 5 and 6 for Keene Library HVAC Replacement Project
11. Consider Resolution approving plans, specifications, estimate of cost and granting permission to
advertise for bids for 1st Street Reconstruction, Clarmar to Downing and Howard to Garden City
1. Consider 2009 Annual Report
E. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DIRECTOR
1. Consider Resolution extending LARM membership through September 2013
2. Public Hearing for $610,000 application for CDBG Recovery funds for Hero Automotive, LLC for economic development activities
3. Consider $610,000 application for CDBG Recovery funds for Hero Automotive, LLC for economic development activities
11. BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS
A. Consider Resolution to approve specifications and grant permission to advertise for bids for backup generator at the well field.
Agenda posted at the Municipal Building, Fremont Police Station and the Dodge County Courthouse on April 22, 2010 and online at www.fremontne.gov. Agenda distributed to the Mayor and City Council on April 22, 2010. The official current copy is available at City Hall, 400 East Military, City Clerk’s Office. The City Council reserves the right to go into Executive Session at any time. A copy of the Open Meeting Law is posted in the City Council Chambers for review by the public. The City of Fremont reserves the right to adjust the order of items on this agenda.