Keene Memorial Library Novel Idea's Adult Book Club
We are updating our book club. For a list of 2019 book club books and correlating months, click here.
For more information, contact Dorlissa Beyer at 727-2694 or email.
Online Book Club
Do you have 5 minutes each day to take part in a book club? If so, DearReader is for you.
Tell us what type of books you like to read and each day SuzanneB will email you a short 5-minute excerpt from a book that's been hand picked for you. You can enjoy those daily excerpts with your morning cup of coffee and before long we'll have you hooked on a book.
Book Club Kits
Each kit contains from 12-15 copies of a specific title. Some kits include a Large Print version. Included is a checkout sheet, information about the author and sample discussion questions, when possible. There are several titles to choose from with more titles planned for the future.
Check Out Procedure
One member from your book club needs to register for a Keene Memorial Library card for the book club. The contact person for each club will show identification and proof of current address within the city limits of Fremont when registering for the club’s library card. Kits are checked out to the club. Kits are picked up by the contact person unless prior special arrangements are made by contacting the Keene Memorial Library Circulation Manager at 402.727.2694 or by email.
A book club organization card allows your group to check out book club kits only. No other items can be checked out on a club’s card. Acceptance of the card is the club’s agreement to comply with the rules and regulations of the Library.
- A minimum of four copies must be checked out at a time
- Book club kits must be returned to the circulation desk
- Damage to or loss of kit materials may result in fines or replacement costs
- Keene Memorial Library encourages book club members to return kits with all materials present
- Only one book kit at a time may be checked out to a book club
- Please check the contents list to make sure all items are returned including the canvas bags
- The book club kits are checked out for eight weeks
- They cannot be renewed
- They may not be returned in the book drop