1. What would you like to see come of this effort?
2. What is your vision of a revitalized downtown Fremont?
3. Top three strengths of downtown?
4. Top three challenges for downtown?
5. Top three objectives to implement as a result of this plan?
This information will be compiled and reported at the next community workshop on November 15, 5:30 p.m. at Country Traditions (330 N. Main Street, Fremont)
Background: The Planning Study for Downtown Revitalization is Phase I of a two-phase project. The City contracted with Alley Poyner Maccietto Architecture of Omaha to conduct the study, which will be completed by January 31, 2012. The second phase will be Implementation of the Plan, with additional funding available through the Community Development Block Grant program.
The purpose of the Downtown Revitalization Plan is to develop realistic short-term and long-term goals and objectives. The firm has reviewed past studies and now is conducting workshops on October 18 and November 15 to gather input from the community.
The plan will give Fremont guidance to create a revitalized downtown.
For more information contact Jan Rise, Administrative Services Director (402)727.2624