City Tree Debris Disposal Site

The City of Fremont has a FREE residential tree debris disposal site on 1st and 3rd Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.   The residential tree debris disposal site is located on the west side of South Broad Street (Hwy 77), just North of the Platte River Bridge.

Here is what to expect when you arrive to the Tree Disposal site:

  • Individuals will be required to check in with City staff at the gate.
  • Trees go to the North and glass goes to the South.
  • Individuals will be required to unload their own vehicles/trailers.
  • No leaves or trash allowed. Individuals contaminating or the tree disposal site debris may lose their privilege to return.


  1. Does the City remove stumps? No, the City does not remove stumps on Right-of-Way unless there is a safety concern or city-related project in the area. 
  2. Will the City replace the trees removed from the right of way? The City is committed to adding trees in locations around the city. Private homeowners or other groups may donate trees or funds for the purchase of trees (working with the Parks & Recreation Department), that will be planted in a location agreed upon by Parks & Recreation staff. At this time, no funding is available for tree replacement along any city Right-of-Way. 
  3. Do I need a permit to remove and plant trees on city right of ways? Yes, a permit is required before any tree on city Right-of-Way is removed. A free permit is also required to plant any tree onto a city Right-of-Way. A person must be licensed through the City of Fremont and insured to perform tree work for hire on both private and city right of way. For questions on a permit to plant a tree or to remove a tree on city property, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 402-727-2630. 
  4. Where can I find an arborist? A list of licensed and certified arborists can be found in our Permits Department, on the third floor of the Municipal Building (400 E Military Ave). 
  5. Will the city trim a park tree that is hanging over my fence or property line? No. The City is not obligated to trim tree limbs growing over the property line. 
  6. Is there anything I can do about a neighbor's tree that is hanging over my fence or property line? Yes. You have the right to trim anything over your property. When trimming a neighbor's tree, even on your side of the property line, it is prudent to do so in a professional manner without causing harm to the tree or neighboring property. Additionally, it is polite to notify the neighbor that you are performing the work. 
  7. My neighbor's tree is dead, can I have the city either cut it down or force them to cut it down? The city can force an owner to remove a tree if it presents a hazard. If you believe your neighbor's tree is dead call the Parks & Recreation Department for an inspection. A city arborist will inspect the tree and if needed, send the property owner a Notice of Violation giving them a prescribed amount of time to abate the nuisance. 
  8. Do I own the trees along the street and if I don't own them, why do I have to care for them? No. Homeowners do not own trees in the Right-of-Way. However, per Fremont Municipal Code, it's every property owner's responsibility to maintain the ROW that abuts their property.