Garbage Hauler Licensing
Every owner, operator, lessee or licensee and every hauler or other solid waste collection and transportation enterprise is required to be a licensed garbage hauler within the City of Fremont. All licensed garbage haulers must comply with state statute: Integrated Solid Waste Management Act, Nebr. Rev. Stat. Article 20, 13-2001 through 13-2043 (PDF). Following is the procedure to become licensed:
- $125.00 per year for each three vehicles or portion thereof. Fees are due on or before December 31st in advance for the entire next year.
- $25,000 license bond naming the City of Fremont. The bond must expire December 31st. The licensing period is from January 1st to December 31st.
- Certificate of Liability in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Fremont as additional insured.
- An application (PDF) for garbage hauler sticker must be completed. Every vehicle must have a sticker.
- A United States Citizenship Attestation Form (PDF) completed. It is not necessary to complete this form if a valid form is on file with the City.
For further rules and regulations regarding Garbage see FMC 4-301 to 4-315
For garbage/refuse collector occupation tax regulations see FMC 14-201 to 14-205
Administrative policy CFPR 13-121 (PDF) relating to FMC 4-314.2