House Mover

House Mover Licensing

Any person desiring to engage in the business of house moving must obtain a House Mover license. The following criteria must be satisfied:

  • Application (PDF) completed and United States Citizenship Attestation Form (PDF) completed. It is not necessary to submit another Citizenship Form if a valid form is on file with the City. Initial application must be approved by the City Council.
  • $5,000 license and permit bond naming the City of Fremont. The bond must show the individual and the company name (example: John Brown and JB Co.), jointly and severally. Bonds that read DBA will not be accepted. The bond must expire on March 31st. The licensing period is from April 1st to March 31st.
  • $25.00 license fee.

For further information regarding Housemoving see FMC: 10-314 (PDF) to 10-321.